About the program
A Multi-Engine rating qualifies you to fly an aircraft with more than one engine.
Most employment opportunities require experience on Multi Engine Aircraft; the Commercial Pilot License preparation can overlap with an Initial Multi Engine Rating Preparation.
- The minimum requirement is a PPL with at least 150 total flying hours.
- The initial Multi Engine conversion must be done with a suitable rated multi rated Instructor.
- Ground School lectures totalling at least 4 hours will include theoretical flying technique and Multi Engine phraseology.
- An Aircraft Technical will be completed before flying commences.
- A Multi Engine quiz must be completed prior to the commencement of training.
- A minimum of 7 hours towards a conversion on the Multi Engine Aircraft, 2 hours can be done on a simulator.
- 20 hours of Instrument Training, of which 5 hours can be done on a simulator, 5 hours on a Single Engine Aircraft and 10 hours on a Multi-Engine aircraft.